Airspy community forum

Talk about anything else here.
P-40 Warhawk

Airspy community forum

Post by P-40 Warhawk » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi guy's
I have a question , I know that I should put on the Airspy forum' . The problem that I have is that I can't figure out how to navigate their forum , let alone use it . Now the question I have is on the new SDR Sharp software 1760 . How do you turn off the screen reader off ??? I don't need some voice telling what I am doing .

P-40 Warhawk

Re: Airspy community forum

Post by P-40 Warhawk » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:18 pm

never mind I found it .

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:41 am

I don't think the screen reader is a part of the AIrspy software? That's from Windows.

zdrej

Post by zdrej » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:23 pm

It is part of community package. Under menu (three horizontal lines) chose "Screen reader" and then disable it.

P.S. I do not like new design of menus in that are in "Community Package with Plugins" of SDR #

Cheeseman

Post by Cheeseman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 am

Speaking of the screen reader, I actually uninstalled SDR# because of it, but have now reinstalled. The issue was that even with screen reader disabled, it was still active. It's great that this feature was added because I am sure a lot of operators really appreciate it. However, for those of us who do not, it would be great if the disable function actually worked.

Anyway, My solution was to reinstall the program, but actually go into package selection and un-check screen reader. If anybody else just wants it gone, I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the program in this way. Keep in mind you will want to save/export/write down any custom configuration you have applied in case that information is not stored in a raw file that doesn't get deleted on uninstall. A lot of software does this, I didn't pay attention to see if SDR# does. Somebody already has this answer. But I digress.

You can locate the Screen Reader plugin from the "Choose components" screen when installing SDR# under the "From sdrplugins.com" branch of the directory tree in the dialog box. On the current version, "SDR# (SDRSharp) x86 revision 1784 5e39db3 (2020-11-23)" it is the fifth item down in the sub-directory. Depending on when you read this, if there is a newer version, this location may be different.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but I thought it would be best to be very specific ;) 73